Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 167: Be Brutally Honest With Me - Part 2





Here continuing with Self-Correction and Self-Commitment from Day 166: Be Brutally Honest With Me - Part 1.

SELF-CORRECTION AND SELF-COMMITMENT STATEMENTS

When and as I see that I am about to enter into an agreement to be brutally honest with another, I stop and breathe. I realize that honesty does not equal stability nor does it assist and support others with awareness, understanding, and working on solutions – especially when approaching the ‘honest information’ from a point of reaction. So, how I share honesty with others when working through a problem is no different from how I would approach honesty with myself when working on a problem where I clear myself of reactions so that I can look at the problem realistically and construct practical, trustworthy solutions.

I commit myself to stopping automatically responding to others requests for brutal honesty by breathing, slowing myself down, and allowing myself to take a moment to look at the known and/or potential outcomes to see if it’s best for myself and others for me to respond or if it’s best for me assist and direct the situation to understanding, awareness, clarity, and stability.

When and as I see that I am quickly going into an assumption about how an event is going to play out positively if/when/as I am honest, I stop and breathe. I realize that I have not allowed myself to slow down and look at events/scenarios/situations – I go right into my mind and speed ahead to the part where everything almost always works out for the best. 

I commit myself to put a guard on my mouth, to stop going over the information within/as situations, scenarios, and events quickly and to take the time to sort through what’s going on with breathing, slowing myself down, looking at events/situations/scenarios practically, asking questions, and sharing perspectives on what’s going on as well as potential solutions that I see.

When and as I see that I am experiencing shock because something happening in the external world is not working and/or not in alignment with my beliefs that I have stored within and as me as information, I stop and breathe. I realize that I am showing myself that my belief is not real. Instead of going into my mind to distract myself with figuring out what went wrong, I direct myself to the physical act of writing out the beliefs, the consequences of my beliefs, self-forgiveness for my beliefs, and self-correction so that I do not continue with the pattern. 

I commit myself to stopping myself from going into a shocked experience by STOPPING, breathing, stopping myself from going into my mind to figure out what happened, and directing myself to the physical act of writing it out, applying self-forgiveness, and self-correcting myself. I commit myself to embrace these moments of my beliefs getting blown apart, face myself, and then realign myself with what is best.
When and as I see that I am attempting to go into my positive beliefs about Honesty as indicated by me looking to get a positive energetic experience of Hope, I stop and breathe. I realize that my beliefs about honesty are lies – they are bullshit stories and phrases that I have told myself in an attempt to get out of facing the physical consequences of things I’ve done and/or participated in that I’m having a negative emotional reaction to. I realize that I’ve automated this at this point – that I will have the negative experience and then immediately seek out the positive – and it’s easier – it’s quicker and easier to forget than actually taking the time to balance self-honesty with self-responsibility and being an active participant in my self-change.

I commit myself to stop going into my positive beliefs about Honesty and within this stop going for the positive energetic Hope experience as a way to feel better about my negative emotional reaction to something I have done and/or participated in. Instead of going into the belief, I breathe, slow myself down and back myself to my negative emotional experience and investigate why I went into it in the first place – I ask myself questions: Why am I trying to forget about this? Why am I trying to take the easy way out of this? What can I do to actually change this so that I can live in a self-honest, responsible way and not keep creating this sort of consequence for myself? Here, also, I commit myself to writing these points out on paper/screen so I have them in front of me and can work with them in physical reality rather than in my mind where things get foggy or are easily forgotten with distraction.

When and as I see that I am about to automatically go into my mind-purge ‘honesty’ that I have justified and excused with my belief system about honesty, I stop and breathe. I do not go there. I realize that no good will come of this and that the clean-up will be extensive and that some of the damage may be irreparable. This is not something that I want for myself and others.

I commit myself to STOP automatically going into a mind-purge when and as I am asked for honesty. I put a guard over mouth, I breathe, and make certain that I am clear before I speak. When and as I am clear, I direct the question/request of Honesty to a solution focused discussion where I ask questions, investigate what’s going on, share perspectives and suggest solutions.
Here continuing with Self-Correction and Self-Commitment from writing and Self-Forgiveness on - See more at: http://self-commitment-of-carrie.blogspot.com/#sthash.pkfLxejh.dpufH

No comments:

Post a Comment