Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 1: 7 Year Self-Commitment to Myself

I have never committed myself to anything in my entire life.  I 'say' that I am committed but have never stood by those words with all of myself.  No thing or any one person has been important enough to me where I can show, 100%, that I am committed.

This stops here.  I now give myself the gift of myself to myself.  I'm here to prove to myself that I am able to be dedicated, I am able to push myself beyond my expectations of myself, and that I will not give up on myself.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted nor allowed myself to make a commitment.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to tell myself that I am not able to commit to anyone or anything.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not stand within and as myself within my spoken word.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be disappointed in myself and carry guilt within myself when I have not lived up to my spoken word within a verbal commitment.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to see myself within the eyes of others as being disappointed with me for not living up to my spoken word within verbal commitment and thus allowing myself to carry around guilt for how I see myself within the eyes of others.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be disappointed in others for not living up to their spoken word and thus project my disappointment onto others as a means to force myself on others so that I may 'see' their guilt.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to listen for the word, 'Sorry', when I see that another outside of myself has not lived up to their words and/or verbal commitments to myself.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to equate the word 'Sorry' with the emotion of 'Guilt'.
I forgive myself for not accepting nor allowing myself to see that I am using the word, 'Sorry' as both an expression and absolving of the emotion of guilt.
I forgive myself for not accepting nor allowing myself to see that I am able to take on a commitment.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to to see that I have been self-sabotaging myself within my reluctance to make a commitment because when presented with the opportunity to make a verbal commitment, I will make excuses of why I am unable to commit to anything.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to tell myself and others outside of myself justifications and excuses for how come I am not able to apply myself within what must be done.

As I see myself begin to make justifications and/or excuses within myself when presented with an opportunity to make a commitment that is within what is best for myself and others, then I stop.  I breath.  I stop myself from making justifications and excuses for why I cannot direct myself to push myself within my daily application.

As I see myself within resistance to writing and self-forgiveness as evident by myself within my mind as back-chat, justifications and excuses, then I stop.  I push.  I push myself to write and self-forgive myself within my blog once per day.  I see clearly that the more I write and the more I self-forgive myself, the more effective I am within my process of understanding and communicating myself and what I'm seeing within my world.

As I see myself within extracting an emotion of guilt from myself and others, I stop.  I breath. I bring myself back to myself as equal to myself and others outside of myself.  Carrying around guilt within myself is not cool.  I see that the purpose of guilt is to gain 'control' of myself or another.  I no longer allow myself to control or be controlled by guilt.  I direct myself to self-forgive myself within guilt as I face it.  I self-direct myself within my verbal commitments and understand that I must allow others to self-direct themselves within their verbal commitments.

As I see myself focusing on what I have defined as others 'short-comings', I will stop.  I breath.  I see that I am not in fact focused on another's 'short-comings'.  I am in truth, focused on what I see within myself as 'short-comings'.  Within this realization, I bring that which I see as separate from me back to myself and direct myself to write-out and self-forgive that which I have separated from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment